Sorting Through Piles of UFO’s and WIP’s

Posted in

I finished the 9-patches I’ve been working on all week. Now I can pull out all my projects and try to figure out what I want to work on next. It’s been so long since I’ve sewed I don’t even remember what I have. (It feels so good to be sewing again.)

DSC00227Here's a photo of just a few of my WIP's (works in progress). I found (top left) about fifteen 12" un-matched blocks that I've made over the years. I'm thinking I'll put them together in a sampler with a checkerboard sashing made from scraps of the fabrics I used in the blocks. Hopefully that will pull together all the dissimilar fabric. (You can see photos of all these blocks on the chickenladyquilts Flickr page.)

I also have (top right) about twenty 12" sawtooth star blocks made out of fall fabric. My plan for these is to make a king size quilt for my bed. I think these will be what I work on next since I already have another 10 of these blocks (bottom left) cut out and ready to assemble. I remember now that I have an EQ project of these “Falling Stars” because I was playing around with how to put them together. I’ll try and find that project and post it on chickenladyquilts.com.

In the bottom middle of the photo is a stack of about 20 or 30 9-patch blocks that I've gathered from various swaps over the years. They are different from the 9-patch project I just finished because these are made with 2 focus fabrics, instead of a focus fabric and a muslin. I have no idea how to use these. I have enough to make a large scrappy pillow out of them. That might work...

This entry was posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009 and is filed under . You can leave a comment and follow any comments to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment