The Final Stretch – Cranking out 9-patches

Posted in

strips I have all the strip sets sewn and sliced. I’ll sew for a bit longer and get at least 2 of the 4 stacks done tonight. I forgot all about the July set, the last 2 colors, Americana Red and Blue. I haven’t even prewashed them yet.  I’ll wash, dry and slice them in the morning, then bring them to sew into blocks at quilt group. I want these blocks done! I may never sew another 9-patch block again.

 

image


I’ve been looking at quilt patterns to use with all these 9-patches. I’ve found one I like at Gathered Over Time by Julie Hendrickson. I love the way the small blocks look like floating diamonds. This quilt was made with shirtings as the background. Mine are all cream muslin.

This entry was posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009 and is filed under . You can leave a comment and follow any comments to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment