Double-Quick, Double-Time 9-Patches

Posted in ,

No sewing at all  yesterday. I did go into the sewing room and look around longingly, though. Today’s plan is to sew a few strip sets, and at least one set of 9-patches.

shapecut I’ve noticed that there are a lot of 9-patch block swaps online. I’ve been in several, and have kicking out blocks down to a science. My most essential tool (after the rotary cutter) for cutting the 2 1/2” strips is my Shape Cut Ruler by June Tailor. This approximately 15” square of plastic has slits at 1/2 inch intervals. You lay the ruler on the fabric and slice a foot of fabric at a time. Incredible time-saver. Plus, since you don’t move the ruler at all, the cuts are more accurate.

I’ll post more photos soon…

This entry was posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a comment and follow any comments to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment